Friday, September 11, 2009

Stagecoach for rent

Here you can rent a good old stagecoach. Is that the correct English word for a horsedriven taxi? Even though they advertise it, I doubt that they actually have any of those vehicles available.


  1. Available on Rent !! Wow that's great..Thanks for sharing..Unseen Rajasthan

  2. A "stagecoach" in English usually refers to a certain type of horse-pulled carriage made famous in western movies. Stagecoaches have enclosed passenger compartments with the driver sitting high up front.

    For driving through a city or a park (like in Central Park here in New York) you would normally say that you hired a "horse-drawn carriage." See here for example:

  3. I know there are many cities where you can rent a ride in a horse drawn carriage. For tours or like a taxi.